Getting Rid of Bed Bugs:
What do you do (and not do) if you have bed bugs?
If you have bed bugs, DO NOT:
- Sleep in another bed or sofa.
- Go to a hotel or friend's house.
Bed bugs may follow you to other bedding or may travel on your clothes to other locations.
To prevent the spread of a bed bug infestation, talk to a bed bug exterminator immediately
Some immediate steps to take are:
- Wash your bedding and clothing immediately and dry on high heat for at least 30 minutes. The high heat will kill the bed bugs.
- Buy a good quality cover or case for both your mattress and your box spring. The idea is to both trap the bed bugs inside your mattress and/or box spring so that they starve to death and also to prevent other bed bugs from joining them.
Bed bugs spread quickly and hide in small crevices in all kinds of furniture and items. Their eggs are too small to be seen by the naked eye. It is incredibly difficult to eradicate a bed bug infestation without professional help and it is prudent to call before the infestation spreads to other rooms and items. The more infested your house becomes, the likelier it is that the bed bugs will follow you should you move or even just leave the house.
Have a BedBug Problem?
If you have or think you may have a bed bug infestation, be sure to talk to a bed bug expert immediately. Delaying action or not having the right information can make it harder to resolve your problem - and worse yet, can allow the infestation to spread within your home and beyond.
Bed Bug Facts:
- 5-7 mm long
- Flat, brownish colored bodies.
- Often leave a trail of itchy, red bites, typically forming a line.
This place is amazing. I just moved into a new apartment and saw mice coming from the my closet and under the fridge. I called Absolute Death and although they had no available appointments that day, they managed to fit me, providing same day service.... more
Request A Quote