How to Get Rid of Cockroaches - NYC's most Prolific pest.
Controlling and eliminating a cockroach infestation is a multifaceted effort by home/business owners/tenants and pest control professionals. Often individuals are inclined to use over-the-counter or home remedies to treat an infestation but they are only temporarily solutions to the infestation. In many cases cockroaches can avoid or are resistant to these treatments - especially cockroach eggs which have a natural protection against over-the-counter insecticides. This is why it is typically recommended to seek assistance from professionals who can evaluate, eliminate, and control the infestation.
Measures you can take to help prevent an infestation:
- Do not leave food out in the open on countertops and tables.
- Wash and put away dishes.
- Clean up crumbs and spills as soon as they happen.
- Make sure faucets and drains under sinks are in good condition. Especially take note of any standing water in pipes and sinks.
- Good sanitation.
- Garbage should be taken out on more frequent basis, if not daily.
- Seal cracks and crevices to ensure cockroaches aren’t enter from outdoors.
- Several different types of cockroaches including American, Brownbanded, German, and Oriental.
- Depending on species, size can range from 0.5" to 3" or more.
- Typically brown, reddish-brown, or black in color.
Have a Cockroach Problem?
Call us at 718-851-3403 or 718-851-3405 or:
Request A Quote